GE | General Electric
13 -0.44 (-3.274%) Buy GE
GE Price Profile
NYSE Market ClosedMarket Cap.
$5.91 52 Week Low
What we like:
Full Extended Hours Trading
SIPC protected upto 500K
Trade Stocks, Options, ETFs & ADRs
General Electric (GE) Company Profile
General Electric (GE) is an American digital industrial company with operations globally. The corporation was founded on April 15, 1892, in Schenectady, New York, by Thomas Edison, J. P. Morgan, Elihu Thomson, Edwin J. Houston, Charles A. Coffin. GE went public in 1896. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchanges (NYSE) under the ticker ‘GE.’
GE’s products and services consist of aircraft engines, power generation, oil and gas production equipment, medical imaging, financing, and industrial products.
To manage its operations, General Electric is segmented into Power, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, Aviation, Healthcare, Transportation, and Energy Connections & Lighting:
- Power segment deals in products and services related to energy production;
- Renewable Energy offers renewable power sources;
- Oil & Gas deals in liquefied natural gas and pipelines;
- Aviation unit includes commercial and military aircraft engines and integrated digital components;
- The Healthcare segment provides healthcare technologies in medical imaging, digital solutions, patient monitoring, and diagnostics, and drug discovery;
- Transportation makes products for the railroad, mining, marine, stationary power, and drilling industries;
- Energy Connections & Lighting comprises of Energy Connections and Lighting businesses;
- The Capital segment is the company’s financial services division.
General Electric main competitors
- Schneider Electric
Key General Electric Milestones
In September 2015, the GE Capital segment reached a deal to sell its transportation-finance unit to BMO Financial Group (BMO). The unit sold had US$8.7 billion of assets with operations in both Canada and the United States.
As of 2016, GE marked a key milestone after it appeared on the Fortune 500 list for 22 years.
In February 2017, GE announced that the company intends to close the gender gap by promising to hire and place 20,000 women in technical roles.
In August 2000, General Electric had a market capitalization of $601 billion and was the most valuable company in the world at the time.
General Electric Frequently Asked Questions
Does General Electric pay dividends?
General Electric pays dividends quarterly.
Has General Electric split its shares?
General Electric (GE) has seven splits in its history. The first split for GE took place on June 08, 1971.
What was the aftermath of GE’s removal from the Dow Jones Index?
On June 26, 2018, GE stock was removed from the index and replaced with Walgreens Boots Alliance. The company lost value after being removed from the index.