Summary: Although Neteller provides cryptocurrency services directly through its platform, it is worth mentioning that purchasing crypto through the Neteller app is one of the more expensive methods available.
Therefore, to buy cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) with Neteller, we suggest investors sign up with a regulated crypto exchange eToro and deposit funds through the Neteller app. After analyzing over ten other trading platforms, we found it to be the best choice, as it offers lower trading fees, a wide selection of digital assets, and is trusted by over 30 million customers.
Intermediate Traders and Investors
Can you buy crypto with Neteller?
Though the Neteller app does allow customers to buy or sell over 40 different cryptocurrencies through a range of deposit methods, it lacks regulation for its cryptocurrency service, and users will be subject to several fees when trading crypto on the platform. It is important to note that Neteller is not a cryptocurrency exchange and partners with cryptocurrency exchanges to offer crypto trading services to its customers.
Thus, a better approach for buying crypto with Neteller is to utilize it as a funding method for depositing funds into a licensed cryptocurrency exchange.
How to buy Bitcoin with Neteller?
The best and most inexpensive way to buy Bitcoin (BTC) or any other cryptocurrency and use Neteller for crypto deposits is through a regulated broker like eToro, which is a licensed and widely trusted multi-asset investing platform with over 70 cryptocurrencies and unique features such as “Copy Trading,” which enables users to copy top-performing crypto traders, in addition to a staking service, custom watchlist, as well as advanced charts and technical analysis tools. eToro is one of the best crypto sites that accept Neteller as a deposit method.
How to buy crypto with Neteller: Step-by-Step
You can get started with Neteller in minutes with four simple steps:
- Step 1: Create an account on eToro and complete your verification (personal or company);
- Step 2: Enter the USD/GBP/EUR amount you want to deposit on the eToro platform;
- Step 3: Connect Neteller to deposit your selected fiat currency;
- Step 4: The final step is to find the cryptocurrency you want to purchase and execute your trade.
Neteller is an online payment system that allows users to send and receive money electronically. The e-money transfer service was founded in 1999 and is now owned and operated by the British global payments company Paysafe Payment Solutions Limited, alongside Skrill and Paysafecard, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Neteller offers various services, including online money transfers, digital wallet functionality, prepaid cards, as well as a cryptocurrency investing platform.
Customers can expect various fees for these offerings, including money transfers, foreign exchange, and service fees. For more information on Neteller fees, visit their website.
Neteller crypto policy
Neteller’s platform offers cryptocurrency services, which can be convenient for existing users looking to purchase digital assets. However, Neteller crypto investors should be aware that the fees for these services can get pretty steep.
Instead, to maximize the value of your Neteller funds when buying cryptocurrencies, it might be more cost-effective and secure to link your Neteller wallet to a regulated crypto exchange such as eToro. Not only do they offer lower fees, but their crypto trading platform is also superior.
Using Neteller for crypto deposits
If you don’t want to buy crypto directly from Neteller, you can still use your Neteller account for crypto deposits to other trading platforms. However, not all cryptocurrency exchanges accept deposits, so Neteller crypto customers should check with their preferred exchange to see if they support this payment method. You can find all the information about Neteller’s crypto policies, crypto fees, currencies they offer, and answers to FAQs on their website.
How to buy crypto safely
As a relatively new asset class, cryptocurrencies remain highly speculative and subject to extreme price volatility, making them much riskier than traditional financial instruments such as stocks or bonds. To make matters worse, the crypto sphere is plagued with rampant fraud and cybercrime, putting both seasoned and inexperienced investors at risk.
Fortunately, there are measures you can take to protect yourself and your hard-earned money. To help you out, here are our tips for navigating the unpredictable world of crypto:
- Research the cryptocurrency you want to buy: Make sure you understand how it works and what the risks are;
- Only use a safe device: Avoid public computers and Wi-Fi networks. Always use your personal computer with a VPN, which helps establish a secure connection between you and the web, keeping your sensitive information safe;
- Choose a reputable exchange: Ensure the exchange is licensed by the appropriate regulators in your country and has a solid track record. Study the exchange’s user terms and agreements carefully to learn more about where your money is kept and what happens to your funds if the business goes bankrupt. You may also want to scour through user reviews to catch any red flags;
- Secure your account: Use two-factor authentication and a strong password to protect your account;
- Use a secure wallet: Store your cryptocurrency in a secure wallet to protect it from hackers. You can opt for either a hot (online) or cold (offline) wallet. To choose the right one for you, make sure to check out our in-depth guide on crypto wallets;
- Don’t invest money you can’t afford to lose: Because the crypto market can be so volatile, you need to be conservative with your investments, particularly when starting out. For more investing tips, have a look at our guide on investing mistakes to avoid;
- Monitor your investments: Keep an eye on the market and be aware of any changes in the price of the cryptocurrency you’re investing in.
Disclaimer: The content on this site should not be considered investment advice. Investing is speculative. When investing, your capital is at risk.
FAQs about how to buy crypto with Neteller:
What is Neteller?
Neteller is an e-wallet service that allows users to send and receive money online. Neteller allows users to make online transactions securely and quickly. It supports a wide range of currencies and payment options, including credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and cryptocurrencies.
How to buy crypto with Neteller?
You can buy crypto directly from the Neteller app or use Neteller to deposit funds to a licensed third-party cryptocurrency platform.
Can you buy crypto with Neteller?
You can buy crypto with Neteller, either directly from its platform or through a licensed third-party crypto exchange.
What crypto exchanges does Neteller allow?
Customers can deposit funds from their Neteller account to licensed cryptocurrency brokers like eToro to buy, sell, and trade crypto.
What is Neteller's crypto policy?
Neteller offers cryptocurrency services directly through its platform. In addition, Neteller allows its customers to make deposits to regulated crypto exchanges.
How to buy Bitcoin with Neteller?
You can buy Bitcoin directly from the Neteller app or use Neteller to deposit funds to a licensed third-party cryptocurrency exchange or online broker.