Summary: Unfortunately, there is currently no option to buy Stellar with PayPal directly since it is not a part of PayPal’s limited selection of supported cryptocurrencies. However, you can still use PayPal to buy Stellar with the help of third-party exchange brokerages like eToro.
Intermediate Traders and Investors
Can you buy Stellar with PayPal?
Stellar (XLM), or Stellar Lumens, is a cryptocurrency designed as a financial intermediary to make multi-currency transactions more flexible and less costly. It has a significant community of crypto traders that use it, but this altcoin is not among the cryptocurrencies that have been accepted into PayPal’s official platform selection. The places are occupied by four crypto coins only: Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
This means that there’s no direct way to buy Stellar with PayPal. Alternatively, you can still use Paypal together with a third-party crypto investment service to obtain Stellar. This additional step doesn’t make the process more difficult: users just have to connect their PayPal deposits to a third-party brokerage like eToro that will proceed to execute the transaction order on their behalf.
The fact that you can’t buy Stellar with PayPal directly isn’t as great of a loss as you might think. The reason for this is PayPal’s crypto transaction fees which are significantly more costly than what is deemed to be average for most cryptocurrency exchanges. For example, PayPal’s 1.8% (spread fees excluded) is almost two times more expensive than eToro’s 1% (no additional fees).
How to buy Stellar with PayPal?
Using a middleman exchange service to buy Stellar with PayPal is the most optimal method, and the best candidate for such a service is a tried-and-true investing platform such as eToro. Having a reputation as one of the best cryptocurrency exchange services, this platform has gathered a flock of tens of millions of active crypto traders.
An enormous selection of more than 60 tokens puts the number of coins available through PayPal’s platform to shame. Even if we leave the transaction fee differences aside, eToro is a better alternative due to a slew of tools at users’ disposal, such as copy trading, staking, and hodling. Even beginner copy traders can partake in complex strategies and approaches by copying the most successful veterans of the crypto scene.
To start buying Stellar with PayPal, you just need to connect your account to eToro, thus giving it access to your PayPal deposit. What does your PayPal need to have to make the purchase? Just enough funds, either from a connected bank account, linked credit or debit card, or a prepaid card. Got that prepared already? We’re good to go!
How to buy Stellar with PayPal: Step-by-Step
Simply follow these steps to buy Stellar with PayPal:
- Step 1: Create an eToro account and complete your verification (personal or company);
- Step 2: Specify the number of funds you want to transfer to your eToro account;
- Step 3: Connect your PayPal to activate your currency;
- Step 4: Select Stellar on the given list of cryptocurrencies and state the amount you want to buy.
Intermediate Traders and Investors
XLM price today
PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is a well-known giant in the online payments industry. For those few people in the back who have never heard of it, PayPal is one of the most popular apps used by many to send and receive money online. You can use it anytime, anywhere, and transfer money within a day or even instantly for a fee of 1%. You can even buy Bitcoin with PayPal.
PayPal’s services are versatile and suitable for personal purchases and business transactions alike. Their security standards are high, and their policies are lauded as user-friendly in most cases.
On top of this, PayPal is a company that is ready to implement new technologies such as blockchain and crypto, which is especially useful if you’re looking to buy cryptocurrencies like Stellar.
PayPal crypto policy
PayPal’s official policy is reflected in what their CEO formulated as an appraisal of “the utility that digital currencies can provide for payments.” In other words, PayPal’s policy in no way prohibits, limits, or discourages using its software for buying cryptocurrency or other digital assets. It even has coins purchasable via its app.
How to buy crypto safely
While cryptocurrencies do not yet enjoy the privileges of fiat currencies in global finances, they are getting increasingly more accepted on a global scale. As a much more efficient tool in the sphere of e-commerce than fiat currency, crypto is here to stay.
With crypto, finances will become more democratic and egalitarian due to blockchain’s decentralized nature. Advances in technology have already made the idea doable in reality. There’s a bright future in store for cryptocurrency in general.
That said, the crypto market can be a dangerous and volatile place to invest in. Due to an ever-increasing influx of new traders, the unpredictability of token values, and a substantial number of malevolent individuals looking to scam their way to wealth, everyone should implement certain security measures. Here are some tips to stay safe and stable on the course:
- Learn everything you can about crypto before you embark on the market: Make sure to do your research on crypto before you invest a single (digital) cent. Late wisdom is of little use.
- Use legitimate exchanges only: Always confirm the legitimacy of exchange services you rely on. If you leave your digital assets in their care, check their breach and bankruptcy policies. Look for other users’ reviews and experiences. If it seems suspicious, stay clear of it.
- Use safe devices only: No public networks and shared computers if you consider being completely safe from unauthorized access. Hackers just love shared devices and profiles. For an extra layer of security, set up a VPN on the device you use for trading.
- Make your passwords and accounts secure: Do you think the name of your favorite band is a good password? You might want to reconsider that. Rely on strong passwords only and always use two-factor authentication (2FA). You should also consider using a crypto wallet, an additional security measure that makes stealing your money mission impossible.
- Always monitor your assets: Diligently and frequently observe the status of your investments, for the will of the market is fickle and your fate may change within hours: unless it’s steadily in your hands. Ominous talk aside, you can’t hit the window of opportunity if you aren’t there to see it. Investing into cryptocurrency can be a costly hobby or a bountiful profession – the amount of attention you pay is all the difference.
- Don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose: With great risks come great rewards. But there’s still that great risk, so make sure you don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose. You might also want to dodge making these mistakes.
Disclaimer: The content on this site should not be considered investment advice. Investing is speculative. When investing, your capital is at risk.
FAQs about how to buy Stellar with PayPal:
How to buy Stellar with PayPal?
You can buy Stellar with PayPal by entrusting the deposit to a verified third-party cryptocurrency exchange to make a trade on your behalf.
Does PayPal allow cryptocurrency?
Where to buy Stellar with PayPal?
You can buy Stellar with PayPal from any exchange or brokerage that allows taking deposits from PayPal.
Is buying Stellar with PayPal safe?
Stick to the safety tips stated above and buying Stellar with PayPal will be safe.