This guide will discuss how much it costs to use 3Commas to automate your crypto trading. Specifically, you will learn the online trading platform’s pricing plans, and what users get with each package. Additionally, you will learn how to save on subscription fees by taking advantage of offers provided by third-party crypto exchanges that have partnered with the service.
The leading service offered by 3Commas is automated digital asset trading or what is popularly referred to as trading bots. These are pieces of software used to execute transactions autonomously given precise transaction execution orders. These trading bots communicate with crypto trading platforms through API interfaces provided by the exchanges.
Other than automated trading, users of 3Commas can also do the following:
- Trade manually through the Smart Trade feature;
- Track and manage their crypto-asset portfolio across multiple supported exchanges;
- Test trading strategies through the paper trading accounts;
- Track and copy trading strategies with the use of the social trading features;
- Learn about cryptocurrency and trading on the 3Commas Academy.
3Commas key products and features
Before we look into the various 3Commas pricing plans, it is crucial to understand what you will be getting with a 3Commas account. Here’s a brief rundown of the key features offered by the trading service.
- Automated trading tools – 3Commas users can set up trading strategies based on technical indicators and have them executed autonomously using the following bots:
- Single and multiple-pair bots which enable them to get into or out of spot trades automatically;
- Long or short bots are used to leverage whichever direction the market is trending;
- Hodl bot used to buy digital assets for the long-term portfolio;
- Grid bot, which can be deployed to buy and sell specified tokens within predefined price ranges frequently;
- DCA (dollar-cost averaging) bot ideal for making frequent purchases regardless of the price to reduce the average buy-in price;
- Options and Futures bots for trading Options and Futures on select supported exchanges such as Binance and Deribit.
- Manual trading tools – 3Commas appreciates the fact that not everyone wants to automate their trading activities. Instead, there are those investors who prefer to carry out technical and fundamental analysis and then execute their orders manually. For these kinds of traders, the service offers the SmartTrade Terminal, which comes bundled with:
- Tradingview integration that offers multiple currency exchange charts and multiple technical indicators;
- Simultaneous ‘Take Profit’ and ‘Stop-Loss’ functionality to increase profit potential while reducing trading risks;
- SmartCover to safeguard investments in times of extreme volatility;
- Stepwise profit-making by using staggered sell orders;
- Trailing buy, take profit, and stop-loss.
- Other features that are noteworthy include:
- Portfolio management across all connected exchanges;
- Crypto signals marketplace where experts post free and premium trading strategies that can easily be integrated with the available bots;
- Paper trading to backtest trading strategies.
3Commas pricing and plans
3Commas crypto trading platform uses the subscription model which four distinct packages, namely:
With each successive package, the user gets a little more in terms of access to features. Here’s a rundown of what you get with each plan:
The free package costs nothing and is used to induct new users to the service. Despite being free, the plan offers a lot of features, including:
- Access to all 18 supported exchanges;
- Unlimited access to the SmartTrade Terminal, but you can only have one active trade;
- Tradingview integration for TA analysis;
- Trailing ‘Take Profit,’ ‘Stop Loss,’ and the concurrent ‘Take Profit,’ and ‘Stop Loss’ features;
- For automated trading, the Free plan has access to only one DCA, Options and Grid bot;
- Futures and margin trading is possible on supported exchanges with this type of trading enabled;
- There is access to the portfolio dashboard, trading diary, and the ability to convert their entire portfolio to USDT Tether stablecoin and Bitcoin (BTC);
- Mobile app access and notifications within the mobile apps and Telegram or email.
Here’s what you do not get with the Free plan:
- Paper trading account;
- The Rebalancer feature within the Portfolio view;
- The developer API is also disabled;
- Even though they may be accessible, the rest of the features are limited in functionality.
One tier up from the free plan is the Starter package which costs $29/month with the monthly subscription or $14.50 (50% off) with the annual subscription. The plan steps up the features that the subscriber gets over the Free package, including:
- Getting full access to the SmartTrade terminal for those that want to trade manually;
- Paper trading account for backtesting trading strategies;
- Futures and margin trading support;
- Tradingview integration;
- Similar to the Free plan, there is also access to only 1 DCA, Options, and Grid bot;
- There is access to the Rebalancer feature within the portfolios section in addition to what you get on the Free plan;
- You get notifications through the browser, mobile apps, Telegram, and your email account.
You will not get the following features with the Starter package;
- Unlimited access to the DCA, Options, and Grid bot;
- Developer API.
The Advanced package costs $49/month if paid monthly or $24.50 (50% off) with the annual subscription. There isn’t much difference between that which you get with the Advanced plan and the Starter package except for one – unlimited access to DCA bots.
Here are all the features that you get with the Advanced plan:
- Unlimited Active SmartTrades;
- Unlimited DCA Bots (Unlimited Single pair for Spot. One Multi pair for Spot, or One for Futures);
- One GRID Bot;
- One Options Bot;
- Tradingview charts;
- Unlimited Terminal access;
- Paper Trading.
However, you will still miss out on the following:
- The developer API; and,
- Unlimited bots for Options and Grid trades.
With the Pro plan, you will get access to everything 3Commas offers. The package costs $99 per month if paid monthly or $49.50 if paid annually.
Pro plan subscribers get all the features described in the previous section, including:
- Unlimited Active SmartTrades;
- Unlimited DCA Bots (Unlimited Multi/Single pair for Spot & Unlimited for Futures);
- Unlimited GRID Bots;
- Unlimited Options Bots;
- Unlimited Scalper Terminal;
- Portfolio management;
- TradingView integration;
- Paper Trading.
The Pro plan is the only package that gives you access to the developer API. As a user, you can create other bots that can be run on 3Commas and offer additional functionality within the platform.
Note: Even though 3Commas avoids using the commission-based pricing structure, unlike most other automated trading services, its users will still be charged trading fees on respective crypto exchanges for trades executed by 3Commas. The exchanges supported the service use of commission-based pricing structures and specifically the ‘Maker-Taker’ model.
3Commas has made some strategic partnerships with industry players to help reduce or alleviate the service’s cost. So far, the trading platform has the following two running offers:
FTX.com exchange – maintains a strategic partnership with 3Commas enabling users of both services to gain Pro level access to the automated trading service at no cost;
Binance exchange – one of the leading cryptocurrency trading exchanges, plus an official partner with 3Commas. Anyone who signs up to Binance through the 3Commas platform gets free 30-day access to the automated trading platform’s Pro Plan.
3Commas is an innovative crypto trading platform, and if its number of users are anything to go by, it is also one of the leading providers within its marketplace. As discussed previously in our comprehensive 3Commas review, it offers several features; it is secure and can be used to deposit funds to linked exchanges.
Its subscription model is far superior to the commission-based model adopted by most of its competitors, primarily when used by high-volume traders. However, even low-volume traders get access to advanced level tools such as paper trading, Tradingview integration, and at least one bot through the Free and Starter plans.
Overall, 3Commas offers a well-balanced experience to cryptocurrency traders looking to automate their activities, consolidate their portfolio across multiple accounts and manage their assets more efficiently at a cost-effective price.
Frequently Asked Questions on 3Commas
What is 3Commas?
3Commas is an online non-custodial crypto investment service provider for smart trading tools and automated bots. The platform is based in Tallinn, Estonia and currently serves more than 220,000 users worldwide.
Is 3Commas safe to use?
3Commas is one of the safest crypto trading platforms mainly because it does not take custody of its users’ assets. Instead, it leverages the integration of API accounts to access exchange accounts and execute remote trading orders. Additionally, the platform has sought the help of Cloudflare, a security services provider that helps 3Commas to prevent DDoS attacks, encrypt web traffic, and manage the web application firewall.
How much does 3Commas cost?
3Commas uses a subscription model with four different plans offered to users. These are Free, Starter, Advanced, and Pro plans costing zero, $29, $49, and $99 per month, respectively. Customers can, however, get a 50% discount with annual subscriptions for all paid plans.
How can I save on the 3Commas cost?
There are a few ways to deploy to save on your 3Commas costs, including opting to make yearly subscriptions where you can claim a 50% discount. Also, you can choose to sign up with the service’s partner exchanges FTX.com and Binance, through which you can get lifetime access to the Pro plan or 30 days, respectively.