Skip to content

Pinterest (PINS) jumps at market open following an upgrade by Goldman Sachs

Pinterest (PINS) jumps at market open following an upgrade by Goldman Sachs
Dino Kurbegovic

Pinterest (NYSE: PINS) shares were rising in the premarket on October 6, as Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) analyst Eric Sheridan upgraded the company, indicating that there is now a positive risk-reward correlation at the current price levels. 

Sheridan raised the rating from ‘neutral’ to ‘buy’ and increased the target price from $24 to $31, pointing to rising engagement trends and potential for revenue increase in 2023 and 2024. 

“Our recent work has given us increased confidence in Pinterest’s ability to grow monetization and capture a greater share of ad budgets as management executes against its shopping/commerce opportunity and, over the long-term, we see Pinterest as positively levered to a number of long-term secular growth themes (engagement & ad spend shifting online, social commerce, creator economy, etc.).”

At the time of writing, in premarket, the shares popped 5% on the positive news as investors rushed into the stock. At market open, shares surged another 1% to a total of 6% gain at the time of writing on October 6.

PINS premarket data. Source: Nasdaq

PINS chart and analysis 

The short-term trend is positive, while the long-term trend is neutral, as PINS outperformed 80% of 80 stocks in the Interactive Media & Services industry. Over the past month, shares have traded from $22.13 to $25.91, bouncing between the 200-day and 50-day moving averages.

Technical analysis shows a support zone from $23.48 to $23.61 and a resistance line at $26.68.  

PINS 20-50-200 SMA lines chart. Source. data. See more stocks here.

Analysts rate the stock a ‘moderate buy,’ with the average price in the next 12 months reaching $26.32, 6.86% higher than the current trading price of $24.63. Notably, out of 21 Wall Street analysts, eight have a ‘buy’ rating, and thirteen have a ‘hold’ rating.

Wall Street analysts’ price targets for PINS. Source: TipRanks  

Bright future

With the recent speculations that PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) may be pursuing the acquisition of Pinterest, as well as the strong revenue growth seen during their latest earnings, it seems that the momentum is turning positive for PINS. 

The current analyst upgrade could serve as a boon for the shares, as investors who were ambivalent about the stock, could look for an entry position here and push the price action higher. 

Buy stocks now with Interactive Brokers – the most advanced investment platform

Disclaimer: The content on this site should not be considered investment advice. Investing is speculative. When investing, your capital is at risk. 

Best Crypto Exchange for Intermediate Traders and Investors

  • Invest in 70+ cryptocurrencies and 3,000+ other assets including stocks and precious metals.

  • 0% commission on stocks - buy in bulk or just a fraction from as little as $10. Other fees apply. For more information, visit

  • Copy top-performing traders in real time, automatically.

  • eToro USA is registered with FINRA for securities trading.

30+ million Users
eToro is a multi-asset investment platform. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk. eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs, only real Crypto assets available. Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest.

Read Next:

Weekly Finance Digest

By subscribing you agree with Finbold T&C’s & Privacy Policy

Related posts

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute financial, legal, tax, or investment advice. This site does not make any financial promotions, and all content is strictly informational. By using this site, you agree to our full disclaimer and terms of use. For more information, please read our complete Global Disclaimer.