This review will examine Atomic Wallet, a cryptocurrency wallet to manage and exchange Bitcoin, Ethereum as well as over 500 other coins and tokens. In particular, we will look at the wallet’s features for buying, earning, and staking crypto on top of its security protocols.
The Atomic Wallet was launched in 2018 by Konstantin Gladych, the former co-founder and CEO of another recognized crypto platform Changelly. Headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia, the decentralized wallet supports over 500 currencies and tokens as well as provides a user-friendly interface and a high degree of security to its users.
Furthermore, the wallet is compatible with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. Additionally, Atomic allows its users to purchase cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum directly from the wallet using a bank card.
One of the most interesting features of Atomic is that it allows users to buy, stake, and earn cryptocurrency rewards all from within the wallet. Moreover, since it is a decentralized wallet, it offers its users the following list of benefits:
- Anonymity: Nobody can restrict your cryptocurrency since no accounts, verification, or know your customer (KYC) is required.
- Decentralization: The account is completely decentralized; therefore, you are the only one with access to your funds and can manage your cryptocurrency.
- Security: Users’ private keys and backup are encrypted and remain on the device.
Watch the video: Atomic Wallet explained in 1 minute
Why do people use the Atomic Wallet?
Since its launch, Atomic Wallet has seen an increase in demand throughout the globe as more people seek alternatives to traditional methods of purchasing, storing, and receiving cryptocurrency that does not include the complications that may arise when utilizing a centralized exchange (CEX) or wallet.
As a result, Atomic Wallet is trusted by more than 3 million users across the globe, with over 11,000 reviews on Trustpilot with an excellent rating.
Atomic Wallet is a non-custodial decentralized wallet; therefore, it implies that the user has complete control over their backup phrase and private keys, and hence over their own funds.
Here’re a few of the most important reasons why individuals use the wallet:
- Atomic Wallet does not have access to your wallet or any of your personal information;
- Your 12-word backup phrase as well as your private keys are saved locally on your device and are heavily encrypted;
- User funds are not held in the wallet itself, but rather on the blockchain, where they are kept secure;
- Atomic Wallet establishes a direct connection with the blockchain nodes and displays information about your balances, transaction history, and whatever else you view when using the wallet;
- The wallet also allows you to conduct transactions on the blockchain and offers cryptocurrency exchange and purchasing services.
- On top of offering a simple setup for all customers, the wallet enables you to swap practically any coin or token, accomplished via the wallet’s integration of the Atomic Swap exchange.
Finally, compared to many of the most popular cryptocurrency wallets, Atomic does not necessitate that you acquire crypto assets from a third-party exchange and then transfer them to the wallet to begin trading them.
Key products and features
Atomic includes three primary product features which are built into its decentralized wallet, which are as follows:
- Buy Cryptocurrencies;
- Staking Crypto;
- Earn Crypto.
1. Buy Crypto
Purchasing cryptocurrency on Atomic Wallet is a simple process that does not need the use of specialized technical knowledge.
The wallet provides you with high-level security while also providing a straightforward and transparent user interface, support for over 500 currencies and tokens, a built-in cryptocurrency exchange, and the ability to make Atomic swaps.
- Users are able to buy cryptocurrency with VISA or Mastercard or alternatively convert USD or EUR to Bitcoin directly through the Atomic wallet interface.
- Regardless of whether you have a Japanese Yen, Canadian dollar or any other accepted fiat currency card, those currencies will be automatically changed to either EUR or USD, depending on your preference.
- All cryptocurrency purchases are made through Atomic Wallets partner Simplex.
- The fees are set at a flat rate of 5%, with a minimum of $10 per purchase.
- Simplex, an EU-licensed card processing provider, is in charge of every aspect of the operation.
- You choose the amount and the cryptocurrency you want to purchase, and then you verify your identification.
- The funds are held in your bank account until Simplex authorizes the request and completes the transaction. The average time it takes to receive your cryptocurrency is 30 minutes.
Using your bank card, you may purchase cryptocurrency with any of the 18 most common fiat currencies:
- USD (United States Dollar);
- EUR (Euro);
- CAD (Canadian Dollar);
- JPY (Japanese Yen);
- RUB (Russian ruble);
- AUD (Australian Dollar);
- KRW (South Korean won);
- CHF (Swiss Franc);
- CZK (Czech Koruna);
- DKK (Danish Krone);
- NOK (Norwegian Krone);
- NZD (New Zealand Dollar);
- PLN (Poland złoty);
- SEK (Swedish Krona);
- TRY (Turkish lira);
- ZAR (South African Rand);
- HUF (Hungarian Forint);
- ILS (Israeli New Shekel).
Watch the video: How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) with a credit card on Atomic Wallet
Note: Read our step-by-step guide on how to buy crypto via Atomic Wallet to learn more about acquiring digital assets via atomicwallet.io.
2. Staking crypto
Atomic Wallet offers decentralized staking allowing you to stake your crypto assets without incurring any fees, while you may earn rewards straight from the validators. All you have to do is select the currencies to be staked and take advantage of decentralized zero-fee staking.
The benefits of staking with Atomic include:
- Earn rewards: You may earn rewards by staking on a variety of currencies with annual percentage rates (APR) ranging from 5-23%;
- 24/7 support: The Atomic support staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by live chat and email;
- Unstake coins at your discretion: Unlike other exchanges and wallets, with Atomic, you have the flexibility to unstake your assets whenever you choose and still get the rewards;
- Stake any amount: You have the option to decide how much you want to stake. There are no KYC requirements, and there are no limits;
- Select a Validator: Delegate your funds straight to verified validators without paying any fees.
Ultimately, Atomic allows any cryptocurrency holder to earn regular payouts in a completely decentralized manner. In fact, Atomic doesn’t collect any fees; instead, you receive staking rewards from validators.
Users can take Atomic Wallet Token (AWC) (Binance Chain) on the wallet and earn over 20% APY rewards.
To get AWC this can be done in four simple steps:
Step 1: Get Atomic Wallet and download the application and install it on your device.
Step 2: Make a crypto deposit and add AWC to your account.
Step 3: Stake your crypto, select a validator, and stake your AWC.
Step 4: Every seven days, you may earn rewards.
Note: To discover more about staking crypto on Atomic Wallet, we recommend reading our detailed guide, ‘How to Stake Crypto on Atomic Wallet‘.
3. Earning crypto
Atomic provides an anonymous exchange for over 60 cryptocurrencies, with cashback rewards for each swap.
Atomic Wallet Token (AWC)
Furthermore, Atomic is the first decentralized wallet to provide a membership program based on its own token, the Atomic Wallet Token (AWC). AWC is used as an internal currency by Atomic Wallet, and customers that hold the AWC-BEP2 receive rewards for using the built-in exchange service.
Since the program’s release, Atomic has distributed more than 40,000 AWC. The amount of cashback you get is determined by your membership level.
Holders of the AWC token will get a variety of perks, including staking, savings on exchange services, additional functionality for trading desks, affiliate and bounty rewards.
- Users can purchase AWC using the wallet or the Binance DEX, then hold and exchange it to become a member of the community.
- Atomic provides affiliate and bounty benefits, a unique cash back scheme, the ability to vote on the addition of new assets to the listing, as well as plenty more uses cases planned for the future.
Simply by holding AWC-BNB, users can receive up to 1% cashback for each completed exchange. It is no more than a three-step procedure in order to begin earning cashback.
- Buy and hold AWC: AWC may be purchased directly from the wallet (choose Membership, then purchase the token using BNB) or on the Binance Dex.
- Exchange any asset in Atomic: The cashback amount will be determined depending on your AWC-BNB balance at the time of purchase.
- Earn cashback: Your incentives will be sent to you automatically once a month. Holding more AWC will allow you to upgrade your membership level. To qualify for a welcome bonus, you must trade at least $50 worth of cryptocurrency within one month of signing up.
Wallet users can visit Atomic’s Academy to learn the fundamentals of Blockchain technology; at the academy, you’ll discover how to safeguard, earn, spend, trade, and stake your cryptocurrency in detail, with many articles providing user guidance.
Is Atomic Wallet Safe?
The most critical issue to ask when purchasing cryptocurrencies and keeping them in a wallet is, of course, whether or not the wallet is actually secure.
The Atomic Wallet utilizes a unique mnemonic seed to produce private keys, which are then stored on your device so that only you have access to them. These private keys provide you access to your funds. Essentially the user-friendly interface allows you to access your funds stored on the blockchain.
The wallet includes some important security features such as:
- All of your sensitive information, including your private keys and backup phrase, is saved locally on your device and protected with robust encryption;
- A password is required to access the wallet and all of the functions included inside it;
- No personal information about you is stored by Atomic Wallet. This means that you alone have access to your private keys and funds.
12-word back up
Atomic Wallet generates a 12-word backup phrase for you when you initially set up your wallet. This phrase is also known as a recovery phrase, a seed phrase, or simply a seed since each word is unique.
The recovery phrase is used to deduce or produce all of the private keys, which are immediately encrypted on your device.
Each of your assets (Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, etc.) has its own private key, but the 12-word phrase controls all of your private keys. This phrase provides you with permanent access to your assets and, as a result, is the most important part of security within the wallet.
- If you ever lose access to your wallet on the device on which it is installed, your 12-word seed phrase will assist you in recovering your assets;
- Crucially anyone who uncovers the phrase has the capability of stealing your funds, so you should therefore take your recovery phrase’s security extremely seriously;
- Your recovery phrase is not your private key; rather, it is used to generate both your public and private keys from your recovery phrase;
- The 12-word phrase is encrypted on the device upon which the wallet is installed. Thus, Atomic doesn’t have access to it, and they don’t store it on their servers either. You are the only one who has access to it, which means you have complete control over your funds;
- The seed is generated using a series of processes of words that are detailed in the BIP39 standard. Similarly, the pairs of public and private keys are generated via a standard derivation algorithm called BIP 44;
- By the same token, no sensitive information about Atomic’s users is stored on its servers, distinguishing it as a “decentralized” wallet and protecting against hackers and attacks.
When it comes to the protection of your wallet, the security of your 12-word backup phrase is critical. If you keep your phrase secure, you will keep your assets safe as well. Users should never share their 12-word recovery phrase with anybody, and the Atomic Wallet Team will never ask you for your recovery phrase or your private keys.
Ensure the safety of your device; as if your phone or tablet gets hacked, your funds might be at risk as well.
Note: To learn more about the wallet’s security measures, be sure to read our comprehensive ‘Is Atomic Wallet Safe?‘ guide.
How to download and set up Atomic Wallet (step-by-step)
Step 1: Download Atomic Wallet by going on to https://atomicwallet.io and clicking [Download] in the top right-hand corner.
Step 2: Next, you will be brought to a screen to choose where you want to download the wallet. For the sake of this review, we have used MacOS; however, the setup time is similar no matter which step you opt for.
Step 3: Click [Allow] to begin downloading Atomic Wallet.
Step 4: Set a password for your wallet; remember this is different from your 12-word phrase, which will appear on the next screen.
Step 5: Write down your 12-word backup phrase, and store it somewhere safe. This means even if you lose your device, you can still access your account. You can also copy the password to the clipboard once you have made a note of your 12-word backup click [Open Wallet].
Step 6: Now, you will be brought to the wallet home screen, where you will have all of the features such as exchange, buy crypto, staking, and history all at your fingertips. The whole process takes no more than a minute to set up; you will just need to be prepared to write down your 12-word backup phrase.
Atomic Wallet features a Help Center, so users who have doubts about anything from assets, buying crypto, exchange, and much more can first visit the help center and look through the frequently asked questions.
However, if you have any questions about the wallet that are not featured on this part of the site that you would like answered, you can contact [email protected] to answer your questions.
Pros & Cons
- Atomic Swap supports more than 500 different cryptocurrencies and tokens;
- Your private keys are encrypted and saved on your device;
- The software is compatible with practically every platform, including Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS devices;
- The wallet features the option to buy cryptocurrencies directly from your wallet;
- It is easy to set up and use;
- You can stake and earn crypto rewards.
- Only specific cryptocurrencies are available to buy in the wallet;
- The wallet doesn’t yet have a direct bank withdrawal feature so to withdraw your funds you will need to use alternative methods.
In our view, the wallet’s user-friendly layout and general simplicity provide users who are inexperienced with cryptocurrency the means to begin trading almost immediately after installing the app, owing to the fact that anybody may purchase cryptocurrencies directly in the wallet using a bank card.
The wallet is free to use, except for network transaction fees. Even though it provides support for more than 500 coins and tokens, it also provides alternate exchanges in addition to Atomic Swap in an attempt to cover the broadest possible variety of cryptocurrency assets.
In summary of its security, users of the decentralized Atomic Wallet have all of their assets stored on the blockchain. At the same time, all of your private keys are encrypted and kept on your device with a 12-word recovery phrase as a backup in the event that your device is lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised, ensuring that your funds are safe and that only you, the owner, has power over them.
FAQs about Atomic Wallet
Is Atomic Wallet safe?
Yes, Atomic Wallet is a decentralized wallet with over 1 million installations. Your private keys are encrypted and remain on your device, so you retain complete control of your funds. Furthermore, the wallet features its own password feature and a 12-word backup which is stored on your device.
Can I buy crypto using Atomic Wallet?
Yes, Bitcoin, as well as other digital assets like Ethereum and Dogecoin, may be acquired directly via the Atomic Wallet by utilizing your bank card. Then users can hold, swap ore even stake those coins and tokens for rewards.
Is Atomic Wallet free?
Yes, Atomic Wallet is free to use and hold your coins and tokens. However, if you wish to purchase crypto, you will incur a 2% charge set by Atomic Wallets partner Simplex.
Can I stake crypto on Atomic Wallet?
Yes, users can stake up to 13 different coins and tokens on the wallet, with more coming soon. Staking rewards can be anywhere between 5-23% APY, and users select the verified validator where to delegate the funds without incurring any fees.