This review will look at Request Finance, a financial tool package that enables you to manage all of your cryptocurrency holdings from one spot. We will analyze their different invoicing, expenses, payroll, and accounting features in terms of usability, security, and accessibility for crypto organizations and freelancers.
Request Finance is a part of the Request Network, which was officially launched in August 2017 with the goal of building the future of finance in a new decentralized economy. The company believes that people and enterprises all across the globe should be able to exercise complete control over their financial holdings.
With Request Finance, users can:
- Make and receive payments in cryptocurrency with confidence in a trustless environment that is available to anybody, wherever, whenever.
- Take control of their financial data and break free from the constraints of conventional financial systems by building the financial infrastructure of the future in a decentralized manner.
- Benefit from the ease with which they can now receive payments and invoices in more than 43 different cryptocurrencies and stablecoins, as well as nine different fiat currencies.
- Associate a proper blockchain invoice to every transaction so freelancers, small enterprises, cryptocurrency firms, and DAOs can match payment and invoice records instantly.
Why do people use Request Finance?
With over 81,000 community members across its multiple social platforms, Request is a growing platform, having already been used to pay over $140 million worth of invoices via its product Request Invoicing.
Since the platform makes it simple to keep track of your cryptocurrency transactions, more than 1,000 businesses, such as AAVE, The Sandbox, and Maker, have placed their trust in Request, and together with renowned decentralized finance (DeFi) companies, the firm strives to provide a smooth financial experience.
Cryptocurrency and DeFi have facilitated the entry of several actors into the business in a variety of roles. Numerous players joined the crypto sector with the intention of resolving the everyday challenges encountered by conventional financial systems, which were regarded as inefficient.
By examining the issue that companies globally confront with triggered invoices and the underlying components of today’s financial infrastructure, such as SWIFT, Request Finance has envisaged a future in which invoices may be denominated and paid in any currency via the tokenization of fiat.
For example, In 2020, the Maker Foundation consolidated all funding flows to a straightforward single invoicing solution for all inbound and outbound payments.
The Maker Foundation grantees and freelancers submit invoices using Request Finance, allowing Maker to conveniently pay and track invoices, saving time and placing them at the forefront of payment innovation.
An annual administrative workload of 120 days was discovered in a case study conducted by Maker. Request Finance automated the tedious and time-consuming manual operations saving the firm time, money and improving data quality.
Core products and features
Request is one of the few corporate DeFi operators that provide assistance to freelancers, enterprises, and DAOs alike; thus, it offers a number of core products such as:
Both Request Finance for companies and freelancers share similar features, which we will outline below before examining their benefits.
These core products have additional features within the software that help facilitate a swift and seamless payment experience from fiat to crypto without the stumbling blocks and security vulnerabilities conventional finances may pose.
1. Request Invoicing
Clients may use the high-quality visual dashboard to see the current status of all bills at a glance, allowing them to make informed decisions. Furthermore, customers may generate professional-looking bills and get updates to keep track of their finances in real-time.
Importantly, Request software is built to be compliant with every cryptocurrency, and you may use any product or feature that is accessible in the Request app.
Request is a solid option for freelancers who want to quickly and simply have their invoices paid in cryptocurrency. Furthermore, sending a professional and compliant invoice in either fiat or cryptocurrency takes just a few minutes.
It takes 8 seconds to construct an invoice for a freelancer, and it takes just one click to pay it in local currency or cryptocurrency using the all-in-one Request platform.
Additionally, the app’s unique features, such as real-time progress updates, payer reputation, and escrow, to mention a few, ensure that users have a pleasant and seamless user experience.
On top of Request Invoicing being straightforward for freelancers, there are other benefits such as:
- Saving-money: There are no monthly or annual subscription fees: The payer is only charged a 0.1% cost for every transaction, with a ceiling of $2 per transaction, in addition to the network fee;
- Time-saving: Request will handle all aspects of the invoicing procedure for you to save time;
- Security: Encrypted data, peer-to-peer transfers, compliance documents, and no more copying and pasting blockchain addresses are just some of the features;
- Customer support: Ask a question, and the Request support staff will respond within minutes. Additionally, you may vote for the next feature you’d want to see added to Request Invoicing.
Request freelancer includes the following features:
- Client address book: The information about your clients is automatically preserved, so you don’t have to enter the same information repeatedly;
- Cross-currency: Regular FIAT money is used to denominate the invoice amount. The payment, on the other hand, may be completed using cryptocurrency;
- CSV Export: The ability to integrate all of your invoices and payments into your favorite accounting software, such as Xero;
- Escrow: Set aside money for a project ahead of time;
- Fiat & Crypto payments: Accept payments from your customers in both cryptocurrency and fiat currency;
- System of payee reputability: Maintains a record of who has paid on time, late, or not at all;
- InvoiceMe: A few simple clicks will allow your suppliers to invoice you for your goods and services quickly;
- Peer-to-peer transfers: The funds are sent or received directly without the need for an intermediary;
- Receipt: Any paid invoice that has been provided in PDF format may be exported as a downloaded receipt;
- Recurring invoices: If you have a frequent customer, schedule invoices with them to be generated and sent out on a regular basis.
Request streamlines cryptocurrency payments for businesses and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), allowing you to pay your grantees, workers, suppliers, and contractors using cryptocurrencies in a legal, secure, and professional manner.
Overall, invoicing for businesses enables the handling of multiple cryptocurrency invoices each month, resulting in a seamless process distinguished by professional design, compliance, and various integrations (such as Gnosis or Metamask), a secure process, and high-level customer service.
Request invoicing is specifically designed for crypto-related businesses providing additional functions on top of those listed above, such as:
- Customer assistance: Guidance is available at any moment through Intercom Chat that allows you to get one-on-one assistance in minutes;
- Save time: Request automates your everyday manual activities, such as payment status alerts, accounting, and other administrative tasks. As an added plus, you can keep track of all of the action with just a single click;
- Simple process: As a result of its software and collaboration with industry giants like Gnosis Safe, Stripe, and Metamask, Request can ensure you have the best experience possible while managing your crypto invoicing;
- Use Chainlink: you may accept cryptocurrency payments for invoices that are denominated in fiat currency, such as US dollars or Euros;
- Avoid volatility: Pay and be paid with stablecoins such as DAI, USDT, USDC, and others to avoid the volatility of cryptocurrencies;
- Multiple invoices: Mass pay with Gnosis means payments for numerous invoices may be processed in crypto at the same time. Saving both time and money;
- Stripe: Receive payments for your invoices straight into your bank account by linking your Stripe accounts.
Employee expenditures may be managed and paid in cryptocurrency, allowing businesses to save time and money.
In light of the fact that reporting and paying different expenditures may become a significant and time-consuming burden for businesses, the Request cost management tool allows employees to swiftly email you all of their expenses, and you can then pay them in their chosen cryptocurrency.
Payroll administration may be made easier and more automated by using crypto. In a matter of minutes, you may produce legal payslips and get payment in cryptocurrency.
Set a notification to be alerted when the integrated payroll software becomes available or even become a beta tester.
Users may link Request to accounting software such as Xero or Quickbooks, with all of your invoices being delivered immediately to there, saving you a significant amount of time and effort.
Note: Request Finance’s integrated Expenses, Payroll, and Accounting software are presently not yet available; Request customers may either sign up to be notified when each software becomes available or sign up to be a Beta tester.
Request Finance is presently working on a variety of new features, as well as ones that will be included after the existing ones are complete. Users may even propose new features on Discord, which means that the platform is always improving for the benefit of its customers.
When it comes to making and paying digital currency invoices, there is a distinction to be made between the currencies used for invoice creation and payment.
The invoice currency is the one you select to issue the invoice throughout the creation process. It is determined mainly by what is necessary to be compatible with your local tax and accounting regulations. If you have doubts, you can check here for the European Union and the United States of America.
When you create an invoice using Request Invoicing, your clients will get an automated email that contains a link to the invoice you created. All they have to do is accept the invoice and pay it directly from within the invoice itself.
A wide range of popular cryptocurrency wallets, such as MetaMask, Fortmatic, and any wallet that supports WalletConnect, including multi-signature wallets like Gnosis Safe, is compatible with Request Invoicing’s payment system.
Advanced users may make use of Request Invoicing’s extra capabilities, such as exporting (a selection of) their invoices as.pdf and.csv files and duplicating invoice templates.
Watch the video: How to pay your first Request invoice
Request Finance is subscription-free to use, including any product or feature; the only expense will be incurred via crypto payments.
The payer will pay the Ethereum gas fee (used to send the funds) and the Request Invoicing service charge at the time of payment. The Ethereum gas fee or whatever the chosen network Polygon, BSC, Fantom, etc., varies depending on how busy the network’s activity is at the moment of payment. Request Finance does not collect this network fee.
Request Invoicing charges 0.1% of the invoice’s total value, up to a maximum of $2 per invoice.
Essentially, at the time of payment, the payer will need to pay for:
- The network gas fees used to send the funds
- The Request Invoicing service fee.
For example, a $5,000 invoice submitted using Request Invoicing will be charged 0.1% of the invoice amount, which is $5.00 in the absence of a maximum limit. However, due to the maximum limit, the service cost is just $2.00.
In terms of currencies, traditional fiat currencies that are supported are as follows:
- United States Dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- British Pound (GBP)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Canadian Dollar(CAD)
- Israeli Shekel(ILS)
Regarding cryptocurrencies the following popular cryptos are supported:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Fantom (FTM)
- Gnosis (GNO)
- Maker (MKR)
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Request (REQ)
- The Sandbox (SAND)
- Tether (USDT)
- USD Coin (USDC)
Note: For a comprehensive list of all currencies that Request presently supports, click here.
Is Request Finance safe?
If you’re manually issuing and receiving crypto invoices, there’s a lot to keep in mind, including security threats, compliance difficulties, and making things as user-friendly as possible, and Request Finance was designed as a way to streamline those processes.
Request Finance is a decentralized system that allows you to issue completely compliant crypto invoices in a short period of time.
- Certain malware can hijack your clipboard so when you copy the blockchain address you wish to pay, the malware can replace it with a new one when you paste it. However, there is no possibility of a clipboard virus infecting your client if they utilize 1-click payment on Request Finance;
- Payments are also validated over the blockchain;
- Request is constantly updating their invoicing software with the latest features and security updates;
- Through the use of elliptic-curve encryption, data is protected;
- Request Finance is also trusted by some of the biggest crypto projects: 88mph, Aave, Gnosis, MakerDao, The Sandbox, and Ocean among others;
- Platform security is supported by real-world use cases and user feedback.
Request Finance, in the end, makes it simpler and more secure to issue invoices. Sending a compliance invoice takes just 8 seconds, and you have access to the highest security available in a user-friendly interface. Not to mention that over 1,000 businesses around the world trust Request.
Note: To learn more about the platform’s safety measures in place read our comprehensive ‘Is Request Finance safe?‘ guide.
If you want to share your ideas with the Request team, or if you want to build with Request and are seeking resources or other builders to engage with the Request community, you may join them and contribute to the strengthening of the open network for payment requests.
Request has a large community to discuss ideas and grow:
Alternatively, if you have some questions you want to address directly, you can contact Request by clicking on the [Contact Us] section of the Request website. Here you can contact the Request Finance team to solve your query or discuss a potential partnership.
Request Finance does have an FAQ page that answers all frequently asked questions by its users. However, if you cannot find your question as a first resort, you can contact Request Finance through chat, social media, or by scheduling a video call.
Request also offers a generous referral so you can get paid $25 in Request (REQ) tokens the first time a freelancer or company you know gets paid in cryptocurrency by inviting them. An additional $10 worth of REQ tokens will also be awarded to the invitee.
View Request demo
If you are a small company or corporation interested in seeing how Request works, you can view the demo version of Request. Users can book a demo with Request Finance scheduling a 15-minute meeting from Monday – Friday with the Request team to see how everything works in action.
How to create an account on Request (step-by-step)
Step 1: Go to Request.finance and click [get started now] to sign up.
Step 2: You can either Sign up with Google directly or by inputting your personal details such as First and Last name as well as your Email address. Once you have carefully read the terms and conditions, you can click [Sign up].
Step 3: If you opt to sign up with Google immediately, the process is completed in seconds. However, if you choose to enter your information, you will simply need to click a confirmation email to redirect you to the website.
Step 4: After clicking the link in the email, you will be redirected to the Request website.
Step 5: After confirming the link, you will be brought to the Request homepage; the whole process is less than 2 minutes long to complete.
Watch the video. How to to sign up for Request Invoicing
Pros & Cons of Request
- Request Finance is simple, safe, and secure;
- Suitable for both business and freelancers;
- Subscription-free service containing a myriad of features and products;
- Clean easy to use and professional-looking user interface and invoices;
- Customer support is on hand at all times;
- Trusted by over 1,000 businesses backed up by case studies, and regular users.
- Although Request payment costs are minimal, gas fees on certain networks may be rather costly depending on how busy the network is;
- Some popular cryptocurrencies are currently not available.
Overall, Request is a simple, secure, and accounting-friendly platform helping to build the future of finance in the new decentralized economy. The firm allows freelancers and companies to effortlessly manage their finances and pay invoices denominated in fiat and cryptocurrency.
Furthermore, Request empowers companies and their consumers by giving them more control over their financial life. Payment status and invoices are maintained on the blockchain, making them more secure while also increasing their stability.
Payment status and invoices are maintained on the blockchain, so the procedure is safeguarded from start to finish helping users and companies to feel more confident and comfortable during the whole process.
The tool enables freelancers and businesses to handle crypto payments in a variety of different tokens as well as to conduct batch payments and pay invoices en masse with a single click.
Finally, features such as pre-fill invoices with the proper payment information help avoid administrative mistakes and save time by eliminating the need to obtain and input the relevant payment information.
FAQs about Request
What is Request Finance?
Request Finance is a simple-to-use platform that allows freelancers, small businesses, cryptocurrency corporations, and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) to profit from the convenience of sending and receiving professional, secure, and compliant invoices in fiat or cryptocurrency.
What are the fees on Request Finance?
Request subscription is free to use; however, there are fees associated with crypto payments. Request Invoicing costs 0.1% of the invoice amount, up to a $2 maximum, and the payer will also pay the Ethereum gas costs (used to transfer funds) at the time of payment.
Is Request Finance safe?
Yes, Request is a decentralized system that uses one-click payment to prevent malware from altering the blockchain keys. All payments are confirmed using blockchain technology, and Request is continually upgrading its invoicing software with new features and security improvements.
Is Request Finance good for businesses?
Yes, Request Finance is suitable for not just freelancers but also businesses. For companies and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), Request makes it easier than ever to send payments to grant recipients, employees, suppliers, and contractors in cryptocurrency.