Skip to content

Why read Banking news?

If you are hunting for a new checking account or you are interested in investing, you need to do thorough research. Many types of banks and financial institutions exist and as the world changes so does the way these banks operate.

Understanding the way these different types of banks function enables you to have a better sense of why they are crucial and how they play a role in the operation of the economy. Our experts are committed to researching extensively to bring you educative, informative, and entertaining publications, news, features, online banking guides, and press releases.

By description, banks are financial institutions licensed to make loans and receive deposits for safekeeping. These institutions also offer other financial services like wealth management, currency exchange, and safe deposit boxes.

Central banks, retail/commercial banks, and investment banks are the main types of banks in existence currently. The national government or central bank regulates all the other types of banks. At Finbold, we strive to give you precise banking stories and reports that let you make perfectly viable decisions that are related to your money.

Since banks are an important component in the financial stability of any country, they are mostly regulated. Most countries are known to have already institutionalized a fractional reserve banking system. By using these systems, banks are permitted to own liquid assets that are equivalent to a part of their current liabilities.

Authorities subject the banks to multiple regulations that are intended to maintain their liquidity. Additionally, they are governed by minimum capital needs depending on an international set of capital standards dubbed the Basel Accords.

How banks work

Banks are safe places where people deposit their excess cash. For instance, in the US the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) insures them. Banks also pay savers interest rates that are equal to a small percent of the deposit. Banks are known to turn each of the saved dollars into $10.

The law compels them to keep 10% of every deposit on hand. Thus, the banks can lend out the remaining 90%. Banks make money by charging higher interest rates on the loans that they issue than what they pay for deposits.

Commercial banks mainly work with deposits and withdrawals. They are authorized to issue short-term loans to individuals and small businesses. These banks are ideal for home mortgages, basic checking and savings accounts, and certificates of deposit (CDs). Some of the main commercial banks include JPMorgan Chase & Co and Bank of America Corporation.

On their part, the investment banks focus on providing corporate clients with multiple services like underwriting and helping with merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. Whenever anything is happening in the banking world, we are always leading to bring you news as it happened. Every mover and shaker in the banking world is exhaustively covered on our platform.

Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc are renowned investment banks and we have them covered. Anything that you want to know about the banking universe, you have come to the right place.

Central banks control inflation, monetary policy, and currency stability. Also, they are tasked with overseeing the money supply. Some of the biggest central banks in the world include The European Central Bank, Bank of England, the US Federal Reserve Bank, Bank of Japan, the Swiss National Bank, and the People’s Bank of China.

An emerging group of banks launched in the early 2010s, challenger banks, are available online. The other conventional institutions offer both a brick-and-mortar location and an online presence. The challenger banks are known to give customers lower fees and higher interest rates.

At Finbold we provide you with the best and most informative banking topics enabling you to make decisions on where you may want to keep your money. From regulations, banking, bank, and all the other financial institutions related news we got you covered.

Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute financial, legal, tax, or investment advice. This site does not make any financial promotions, and all content is strictly informational. By using this site, you agree to our full disclaimer and terms of use. For more information, please read our complete Global Disclaimer.